Friday, February 21, 2014

Ideas to Comfort Your Sick Child.... and Yourself



Whenever my girls are sick they like having their temperature taken...
I don' t know about the rest of the mama's out there but I always find that the winter season  arrives with a fresh batch of colds. Like most most moms, I'd rather be sick than watch my children weather a flu. I always wish it could be taken away with a magic mama wand. Since neither of these options are available here are three of my favorite:

I always take time to put fresh sheets on the bed (because who doesn't love that) and have their comfiest pajamas ready to wear. For a runny nose, I find putting a layer of Vaseline between the nose and the upper lip works to prevent redness. We also use old nursing blankets instead of tissues. The blankets are soft, don't seem to cause as much redness and as an environmental benefit are washable. 

Now don't forget to use these remedies on yourself the next time you're not feeling well.





 
Ideally lots of rest is the best remedy for any illness.

Let me know what home remedies you feel work best for you by leaving a comment below.

5 comments:

  1. As far as I have 3 younger brothers, it is very common phenomena to see one of them sick. My mom usually cooks a special herbal tea which helps a lot in combination with hot shower and warm bed after. Carpathian herbs always rule))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have kids of my own but I know that as an adult now I still need my mama when I am sick. I love all of the remedies that you have listed here - especially the cold air humidifier. I get sick quite often over the winter months and a few years back a doctor recommended that I get a cold air humidifier - it has been a lifesaver ever since!! (Lexa)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that desire to wave a magic mama wand and make it all better ever goes away! Anytime I'm sick, my mom still puts on her nurse's hat and tries to make sure I feel better. Great tips though, there really is nothing like when you put clean sheets on the bed - it automatically makes you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, this is a great post. As someone who seems to constantly be sick lately these remedies are excellent. Now if only I had someone to have a tea party with in order to cure my illnesses and lift my spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I ever want when I am sick is my momma, so I really enjoyed this post. I know my mom would save her sick days for when I got sick as a kid. Great tips Jess. I have throughly enjoyed your blog, your girls are amazing!

    ReplyDelete